Packageset URLs (Was: Re: pre-implementation call re. package set traversal change)

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 02:44:40PM +0100, Muharem Hrnjadovic wrote:
> Hello Bjoern,
>
> the URIs we currently use for package sets are like
>
>     '../package-sets/mozilla'
>
> Because package set names are only unique in combination with a distro
> series now the URIs will need to change to something like:
>
>     '../package-sets/karmic/mozilla'
>
> or
>
>     '../package-sets/mozilla/karmic'

Let's wait to discuss the implementation details. I'm a bit interested
in how a URL for a package set looks like. You said on IRC that you
decided to give package sets it's own top-level space. And looking at
the code, a URL path looks like:

    /package-set/desktop

And with a distro series, it would be either

    /package-set/desktop/hoary

or

    /package-set/hoary/desktop

Now, the obvious question is, what about the distribution? Are we not
going to have package sets for non-Ubuntu distributions ever? Why
doesn't the package set hang of the distribution in the first place?

Given the current URL structure, how will the UI navigation look like?

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt

Follow ups