What became of the proposed ~launchpad-committers team?

There was talk a while ago of creating a non-open team through which
community members could be blessed with limited rights to launchpad
development things.

What became of that?

For the Launchpad 2.5/2.6 work, we were using branches owned by the
~launchpad-dev open team, and just trusting in security through
obscurity - it would be nice to have something better.

Personally, I'd quite like access to the meta-lp-deps branches, as well
as to share my package branches for other modified packages in the
launchpad ppa.

Max.