Re: Javascript frustrations

On 09-11-12 11:07 PM, Tim Penhey wrote:

This led to the realisation that I should probably use the API. That leads to another problem. The preview_diff is an attribute of the merge proposal and is exported through the API.

Now there is yet another problem - how to get the API address of the merge proposals. Ideally in HTML5 we could use a data-mp attribute, but we can't in HTML4 to stay valid - so probably need some revolting javascript hacks.

As an aside to your main problem, I am tempted to go with data- attributes now
regardless of the HTML4 and XHTML specs.

It works, it solves a real problem, the browsers ignore the extra attributes,
and our code will be valid in HTML5 (which is the future, now that XHTML2 is dead).

Maris