PLEASE READ: Python 2.5

1) Python 2.5 is landing.  It will hopefully complete by 0100 UTC Tuesday (that is, sometime Monday evening on the American east coast).

2) For simplicity, I suggest you do not try to have Python 2.4 and Python 2.5 Launchpad branches around at the same time.  Switch everything over to Python 2.5.

3) Again for simplicity, I suggest that each branch you want to keep around be upgraded with a ``make clean`` and a ``make``.
3.1) If the make fails because of a problem with lib/pygpgme/gpgme/_gpgme.so, I'm sorry!  You got the branch before https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~gary/launchpad/py25makeclean could land.  Do a ``make clean`` and then ``rm sourcecode/pygpgme/gpgme/_gpgme.so`` and then ``make``.

4) I suspect there will be pain, somewhere.

The LOSAs will help with buildbot and with any edge upgrade pains.  I'll be around tomorrow to help with other sorts of related pain. :-)

Thank you to Maris for being willing to land the YUI upgrade after the Python2.5 upgrade.

Gary

Follow ups