Re: Getting upstream's trunk code for a package, and data and so forth

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Michael Hudson
<michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> Hello Launchpadders & UDDers,
>>
>> Since we want people to be able to easily build packages out of the
>> trunk of their upstreams, we want to have working Bazaar branches for
>> the trunks of the upstreams of all our source packages, starting with
>> the ones in 'main'.
>>
>> To me, this is a quantifiable goal, so I think we should have a graph
>> that shows the following:
>>  - Number of packages (maybe in an interesting subset)
>>  - Number of these packages with upstream links
>>  - Number of packages that have upstream links that have trunk branches
>>  - Number of packages that have upstream links that have trunk
>> branches that work
>>
>> When all of the lines converge, we win, and get to eat cake.
>>
>> I've written some queries that measure these things, which I shall ask
>> to be put onto a graph by-and-by. However, I'd like you to have a look
>> at these queries and review them for correctness.
>>
>> For those who are interested, the numbers for Lucid are:
>>  - Packages in main: 16143
>
> There are not 16000 packages in lucid main, there are 16000 packages in
> lucid.  But anyway, 'main' isn't going to mean anything in a little while.

Right. William Grant pointed this out on IRC last night. I haven't yet
processed the notes I made there.

>>  - Packages in main w/ upstream links: 16
>>  - Packages in main w/ upstream links w/ branches: 9
>>  - Packages in main w/ upstream links w/ products that have trunk branches: 9
>>  - Packages that have upstream links that have trunk branches that work: 9
>>
>> The numbers for karmic:
>>  - Packages in main: 16217
>>  - Packages in main w/ upstream links: 340
>>  - Packages in main w/ upstream links w/ branches: 217
>>  - Packages in main w/ upstream links w/ products that have trunk branches: 230
>
> I don't really understand how the line above can be greater than the
> line above it.

Packages are linked to a product series. Some of the packages are
linked to product series that don't have branches, even though the
trunk of the product does have a branch. Does that make sense?

>> -- Number of packages in main
>> SELECT COUNT(*)
>> FROM Archive, Distribution, DistroSeries,
>>   SourcePackagePublishingHistory as SPPH
>> WHERE SPPH.archive = Archive.id
>> AND Archive.purpose = 1
>> AND Archive.distribution = Distribution.id
>> AND Distribution.name = 'ubuntu'
>> AND DistroSeries.distribution = Distribution.id
>> AND DistroSeries.name = 'lucid'
>> AND SPPH.distroseries = DistroSeries.id
>> AND SPPH.pocket in (0, 20)
>> AND SPPH.status = 2;