Re: Redesigning lazr.restful support for AJAX

On Nov 16, 2009, at 5:06 PM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

Accept: application/x-page-fragments;views="subscribers=+subscriber- portlets,
count=+subscribers-count"

That should return a JSON dictionary containing two keys: subscribers
containing the result of the +subscriber-porlets view and count containing the
result of the +subscribers-count view.

That removes the wiring that has to be done now server side to map these existing views to the HTML representation of fields, removes the problematic limitation of having only HTML representation and allows us to retrieve
efficiently all the fragments we need on the page.

This makes a lot of sense, and I think it would have helped some of the branches we were working on. How would you notate this and implement this on the server side?

-Barry