Re: Redesigning lazr.restful support for AJAX

On Nov 16, 2009, at 6:06 PM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

> Hi Leonard,

> That should return a JSON dictionary containing two keys: subscribers
> containing the result of the +subscriber-porlets view and count containing the
> result of the +subscribers-count view.
>
> That removes the wiring that has to be done now server side to map these
> existing views to the HTML representation of fields, removes the problematic
> limitation of having only HTML representation and allows us to retrieve
> efficiently all the fragments we need on the page.

My concern is that some portlet views may not work like this if they do tricks.  For instance, if they look closely at the request, they will probably fall over because they will be called in a way they did not expect.

If we simply add that as a caveat, maybe that is sufficient.  That makes me a bit uncomfortable, but I'm not sure, and have to go do Python 2.5 ec2 things. :-)

Gary