Re: Redesigning lazr.restful support for AJAX

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:59:21 Maris Fogels wrote:
> And you are stating that the general case is updating within a single
>  portlet or module.  So after an operation to update a module's contents,
>  why not just return the whole module's representation, rather that getting
>  a specific return value and then futzing around with the DOM using JS?

Here is an example for code reviews.

If someone adds a comment with a review, then the new comment needs to be
displayed at the end of the conversation, the review table above the comments
needs to be updated with the review just done, and when we get auto approval,
we may even need to change the review state at the top of the page.

In this case there are three potential things that need to change in different
parts of the page.

Tim