Re: Immediate plan for Build Farm generic jobs

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 09:07 +1100, William Grant wrote:

> > It won't work because it needs to traverse through a
> > DistributionSourcePackage object.  Just creating the SPN is not
> nearly
> > enough.
>
> The DSP exists as soon as the SPN does. I can traverse and add
> branches
> (eg. for PPAs), but not file bugs unless there are SPRs published in a
> distro archive.

I think the recipe is only one point to be triggering SPN creation on.

You need a packaging branch to be merged|nested in the recipe anyway.

Letting 'bzr push lp:~lifeless/ubuntu/lucid/foo/dailies' create the
package foo would be really really useful :)

In the interests of ease of use I propose:
 - create SPN on branch push
 - add a 'create SPN' web page for folk wanting to make ones for
recipes.
 - not conflate 'recipes need a SPN' with 'when should an SPN be made'.

-Rob