Re: Immediate plan for Build Farm generic jobs

On Thu Nov 19 22:15:02 -0600 2009 Michael Hudson wrote:
> Recipes would definitely have an owner for access control.  Whether that
> would be part of the URL/namespace is a separate decision.

I was thinking of a parallel with branches, but you are better
placed to know what will work well.

> Hm.  At least making the manifest doesn't require running arbitrary code :-)

Now you say this, I need to look again. The 0.2 format supports arbitrary
code execution, but I'm not sure how it interacts with manifest creation.

Also, there has been some discussion of handling private branches. After
some discussions yesterday it is now clear that this is important for
Canonical, as well as supporting private recipes.

Thanks,

James