Bug heat UI

Hello bug team,

Yesterday I had a very intersting call with jml yesterday about the UI for bug heat, and I wanted to share the thinking in case Jono doesn't manage to get to those wireframes between the daily builds sprint and LCA.

As I see it, there are 4 pages in the UI to think about:

1) New page: a list of bugs ordered by bug heat. The problems here to solve here are: - how to show relative values well (ie, bug 123 is 10 times hotter than 122, which comes right after 123 on the list). One idea would be to color code the background - How do we allow dropping bugs from the list by developers who really don't want it there? There should probably be a manual knob to do this.

2) How do you access the page above? (from where, what text, etc)

3) How do you display the hotness of the bug from the bug page? Currently we show the number of affected users, just slapping this on the page will confuse it since the number of affected users are part of the heat. This page will probably require some re-thinking in a more general way to introduce it.

4) When a bug has multiple bugtasks, does it have the same heat in both contexts?

--
Martin

Follow ups