Re: Factor in social aspect in Bug Heat

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Jonathan Lange <jml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Francis J. Lacoste
> <francis.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> While discussing bug heat today with Mark, he suggested that we could use some
>> social aspects in bug heat calculation. For example, give more heat to bugs
>> subscribed or reported by people with lots of karma. Once we have some
>> representation of official structure of a project that could also be factored
>> in.  Instead of using the subscribers count, we might want to use a log of
>> their total aggregated karma. Factor in also the reporter.
>>
>> Just wanted to know if you guys had considered that option?
>>

> Yes, we had :)
>
> Keeping it simple for the initial iteration.

Like Jono said, yes, we did discuss this, and did talk about karma,
too.  I think something social will almost certainly be built in at
some point.

The plan currently is to finish an initial implementation this month,
with a simple bug heat calculation and exposing heat in the bugs app
UI.  We will then begin improving the heat calculation in 10.02, based
on feedback from users and taking into account ideas like this that
have been mentioned as likely important.

Cheers,
deryck

--
Deryck Hodge