tachandler error handling

When I try to run certain tests, I get this error:

TacException: Unable to start [...branch...]/daemons/buildd-slave.tac. Check /var/tmp/buildd/build-slave.log.

This exception is raised by TacTestSetup.setUp in lib/canonical/launchpad/daemons/tachandler.py. Right below that is tearDown which deletes that very log file. And then for good measure, the tearDown in BuilddSlaveTestSetup removes the entire directory that the log file is in. Good show for not leaving garbage behind, but in this case a damned nuisance!

In my case, the trigger seems to be that the buildd-slave daemon is already running. Is there some way we can get this information out?

For instance, in case of failure we could copy the log file to some fixed place outside /var/tmp/buildd. As long as it's always writing to the same filename, at least the garbage will be limited to 1 file.

Jeroen

Follow ups