Re: Bug 408528: Person, Account, and "email address is already registered."

Julian Edwards wrote:

Celso did a fix to ensurePerson() a while ago now and we've not had any
problems since.
...and that fixes the problem for us.  Thanks!

This begs the question, how were you doing it before, and how can we avoid that happening again?

We were doing it the hard way: check for a person with the given email address, and if none is found, create one.

So we already avoid this happening again, and in the best way I can think of: by making the right way to do it the lazy way as well.

Jeroen