Re: text-mode bugclient

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I thought I would try an interactive text-mode client for Launchpad
bugs, in the hope that it would be either faster, or easier to add new
features to than the web ui.  This would overlap a bit with bughugger,
but bughugger seems not so feature complete, and text stuff is perhaps
easier to prototype than a gui.

It's now in <https://edge.launchpad.net/hydrazine>, and it does work
enough to do some bug operations:

 pillar bzr

We use pillar internally, but the term seems a little opaque to expose end users too.

I think there is still some potential, but it's not quite as good as I
hoped, mostly because API calls (from Australia) are very slow,
commonly more than 2 seconds each.  Doing an api call is not

If there was a way of keeping the SSL connection open, I think this would be much, much faster. I'm not sure if we will ever be able to move the API off https: - maybe the client can be taught enough to tell if what it is sending is private and needs to be sent over a secure chanel or if our auth is sufficiently resistant to man in the middle type attacks.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/