Re: New merge workflow to keep features on edge until they have been QAed

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:57:12AM -0500, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> I don't understand how you can land changes both bug fixes and feature
> integration on the edge branch and how to deploy the QA revisions to
> production. Bazaar doesn't support cherry-picking.
>
> I think we need an intermediate branch (devel) on which we land simple bug
> fixes, and any stretch of QA revisions on that branch can be merged to
> production.
>
> Edge would be the result of devel + features integration branches.

https://dev.launchpad.net/MergeWorkflowDraft is now updated to keep the
current devel branch, and add an edge branch. The graph is now a bit
more complicated, but I think it's still doable.

Everyone that cares about how this should work, please review the
document once again. If I don't get any complaints before Monday, I will
start defining what needs be done to implement this, and start moving
towards this workflow.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt