Re: Does a Launchpad developer *really* need Slony-I installed?

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Julian Edwards <julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 22 February 2010 12:42:24 Stuart Bishop wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Max Bowsher <maxb@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the most recent launchpad-dependencies upload, Michael Barnett added
> slony1-bin and postgresql-8.3-slony1 to launchpad-database-dependencies.
>
> I can see how these would be wanted in production, but are they really
> needed for development?

If you want to run a local replicated environment for testing, yes.

(make -C database/replication devsetup)

I'm probably the only person who has ever done this though.

My laptop is already overloaded.  I saw this update and groaned as I now have
a slony daemon running on it.

You shouldn't have a slony daemon running on it, as none have been configured. The Makefile in database/replication starts up and shuts down the daemons.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/