Re: using PermissiveSecurityPolicy when serving private xmlrpc requests

Bjorn Tillenius wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 01:26:59PM +1300, Michael Hudson wrote:
>> Bjorn Tillenius wrote:

>>> Can you give a list of all the methods that the private XML-RPC server
>>> currently implements?
>
> So, I thought a bit more about this. I think it makes sense for the
> private XML-RPC server to work in a similar manner as scripts work.
> However, I do want us to get rid of the PermissiveSecurityPolicy, since
> it's a bit too permissive. Instead, I want the scrips (and private
> XML-RPC server) to set up an interaction using a special "system user"
> principal, or a principal more specific to the current task. The latter
> is better, but the former might be enough, at least to start with. The
> normal security policy can now look for this special principal, and give
> appropiate access.

This all sounds reasonable to me.  Being a bit more sophisticated about
principals for the private XML-RPC server also sounds nice because there
are some methods (translatePath, createBranch) which act on behalf of a
Launchpad user and currently use the test helpers 'login_person' and
'logout', which is a bit ick.

Cheers,
mwh