Re: make silently fails building bin/py

On 1 March 2010 19:35, Michael Hudson <michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aaron Bentley wrote:
>> I cannot build bin/py in a branch of stable.  I have updated sourcecode
>> and download-cache.
>>
>> When I run "make `pwd`/bin/py", it fails silently.  When I disable SHHH
>> and do "make clean" and "make `pwd`/bin/py" I get a long stream ending with:
>>
>> /home/abentley/launchpad/test/eggs/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.5.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py:173:
>> UserWarning: Unbuilt egg for ClientCookie [unknown version]
>> (/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages)
>>   self.local_index = Environment(self.shadow_path+sys.path)
>> /home/abentley/launchpad/test/eggs/zc.buildout-1.5.0dev_gary_r108342-py2.5.egg/zc/buildout/easy_install.py:778:
>> UserWarning: Unbuilt egg for ClientCookie [unknown version]
>> (/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages)
>>   env = pkg_resources.Environment(ws.entries)
>> While:
>>   Installing.
>>   Getting section i18n.
>>   Initializing section i18n.
>>   Installing recipe z3c.recipe.i18n.
>> Error: There is a version conflict.
>> We already have: zope.interface 3.4.0

I had the same wacky fun at the end of last week but with
zope.testing. Turned out there was an errant zope.testing-3.8.3
package in my python2.5 site-packages directory. Nuking that fixed the
problem.

Gary, who valiantly tried to debug my problems at the end of last week
only for me to fix them by deleting things until make worked again
this morning, does have a branch that should make this problem go
away, at least if I understand the purpose of the branch correctly.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D