Re: Build from recipes to multiple series

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM, James Westby <jw+debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:03:31 +0000, James Westby <james.westby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made the time to write up a document about how we could make building
>> recipes for multiple series work:
>>
>>   https://dev.launchpad.net/BuildBranchToArchive/MultipleSeriesBuilds

I don't have any comments about this one.

>> There are open questions about how it matches with some UI issues, and
>> how we store the recipes given the fact that they aren't necessarily
>> tied to a single series.

Storage should be guided by the UI, not the other way around.

>> Comments and feedback welcome.
>
> And here's one about derivation:
>
>  https://dev.launchpad.net/BuildBranchToArchive/Derivation
>
> Again, comments and feedback welcome. I think we need the use case
> section improving to make sure we are solving the problems we should be.

Looks good.

 * The "Error handling" section should mention the case where
insert-nested refers to a "merge" line.
 * I don't think namespacing is too much
 * There's no way to change the base branch
 * It looks like it has the potential to be very confusing
   * Perhaps one way to help with this is to have a tool that displays
the recipe that results from the derivation
 * Why not "remove"?

What's the next step?

jml