launchpad-dev team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Build from recipes to multiple series
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM, James Westby <jw+debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:03:31 +0000, James Westby <james.westby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I made the time to write up a document about how we could make building
>> recipes for multiple series work:
I don't have any comments about this one.
>> There are open questions about how it matches with some UI issues, and
>> how we store the recipes given the fact that they aren't necessarily
>> tied to a single series.
Storage should be guided by the UI, not the other way around.
>> Comments and feedback welcome.
> And here's one about derivation:
> Again, comments and feedback welcome. I think we need the use case
> section improving to make sure we are solving the problems we should be.
* The "Error handling" section should mention the case where
insert-nested refers to a "merge" line.
* I don't think namespacing is too much
* There's no way to change the base branch
* It looks like it has the potential to be very confusing
* Perhaps one way to help with this is to have a tool that displays
the recipe that results from the derivation
* Why not "remove"?
What's the next step?