Re: Help with bug #471195 (browser caching problem?)

Hi, Karl.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Karl Fogel <karl.fogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In Bug #471195 (Private bugs don't set the body class to "private"), in
> comment #3, I've attached a reproduction transcript that shows a problem
> whereby javascript changes to classes (in the body element and one other
> div element) appear not to take effect, even though they *do* take
> effect in Firebug's console.
>
> I'll include the recipe below.  Please see the bug for details.  If
> anyone has any ideas, I'd be grateful to hear them.

[snip]
> The problem is that in my browser (Firefox), if I now do View Source
> on the page, I still see "public" (not "private") in the body class
> and the privacy div class!  This is with Firefox 3.5.8 on Ubuntu 9.10
> (Karmic Koala) + updates.

Your branch works fine for me.  If I toggle the privacy settings in
the js widget, the privacy border appears on the page.  Mark the bug
not private and it disappears.

Maybe something odd with just your FF browser then?  Did you try
another browser?  Didn't you have caching issues with your gravatar
and the kanban board, too?

Cheers,
deryck

--