Do you care about `make lint`

I had to make a change to sample data to accommodate a migration script.
`make lint` correctly reported there was problem and told me to run
makenewsampledata. I was surprised to see hundreds of lines changed for
when the migration script only added 15 lines. Most of the changes
relate to bug heat schema changes. This is not the first time this has
happened to me. In fact, this has always happened to me.

I add the sampledata check to make lint because engineers were
complaining that they could not find their changes in the diff. I added
this feature because it was requested, but I think I am the only
engineer who is fixing the data. I want to remove this feature...this is
not my problem.

Since make lint will always report the issue, I strongly suspect
engineers are not running make lint at all.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/