Re: Signing the code of conduct

On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 19:56 +0000, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> >From https://edge.launchpad.net/codeofconduct/1.1/+sign:
>
> "If you want to, add extra spaces or blank lines between words in the
> file. (This helps protect against other people trying to forge your
> signature.)"
>
> What?

Right. Maybe I was looking for a distraction, but this is a WTF moment.

/me uses annotate.

Vector 0, jamesh, 2005-12-02:
	When comparing the signed code of conduct with the reference
	copy, white space differences are ignored.  You may wish to
	use this fact to alter the checksum of the signed content.
Vector 1, mpt, 2006-03-08:
	If you want to, add extra spaces or blank lines between words
	in the file.
	(This protects against the authors of the code trying to use
	your signature for anything else.)

I still do not follow this.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________