Re: URL location for SourcePackageRecipeBuilds

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Michael Nelson wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Aaron Bentley <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Cody might reply himself, but I think his point was that soyuz is (or
>> should be) all about managing archives - publishing both source and
>> binary packages and their indexes etc.
>
>> Since SourcePackageRecipe isn't something that gets published in an
>> archive, it seems a bit strange to centre its associated build in the
>> archive context.
>
> I don't agree.  I think that the recipe's target is an archive, and that
> would be a reasonable cause to associate it with that archive.

Yes, I'm not trying to question whether it should be associated/linked
from an archive. I should have been clearer above.

> If, as I suspect, SPR builds and binary package have a shared namespace
> for their ids, then using the existing traversal seems natural to me.

They don't currently.

>> my main concern is the
>> context of the actual SPRBuild traversal itself
>
> Ah.  I misread your original post.
>
>> (ie. do we traverse
>> through the recipe or the target PPA), and from what you've said
>> below, it'll be the recipe so I'm happy :)
>
> I didn't mean to imply that below.
>
>> recipe_url/+builds/unique_build_identifier
>>
>> or off the PPA:
>>
>> ppa_url/+builds/unique_build_identifier"
>
> So it seems to me that it may be more practical to reuse
> ppa_url/+builds/unique_build_identifier, if build ids are already unique
> across SPR and binary builds.

They are not currently (which is why I started this discussion -
that's what bug 536700 is about:
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/536700)

>  Otherwise, I guess it depends on what we
> want the breadcrumbs to look like.

Good point - that's where we should be focusing.
Thanks!