Re: Problems updating ec2 image

On 23/03/10 06:28, Jonathan Lange wrote:
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 7:59 PM, Michael Hudson
<michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Jonathan Lange wrote:
CalledProcessError: Command '['ec2-register',
'--private-key=/home/jml/.ec2/pk-UVCHXZRTFCUUCLXTKTL7FZVYA234ZNJN.pem',
'--cert=/home/jml/.ec2/cert-UVCHXZRTFCUUCLXTKTL7FZVYA234ZNJN.pem',
'--name=launchpad-ec2test117',
'launchpad-ec2test117/image.manifest.xml']' returned non-zero exit
status 1
instance shutting-down

Note that I'm running lucid.

I don't care a great deal about getting to the heart of this. I just
want a new image so I can land my new-zope-testing branch.

... the good news at least is that at this stage the image is built.
ec2-register is run on your machine and I guess you just need to figure
out how to run it, run it, and then update your branch above.

Hmm. Where do you think the image.manifest.xml file went?

Into S3. The help for ec2-register on Lucid seems to be less helpful than that on Karmic, but this stuff is somewhat documented:

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/index.html?creating-an-ami-s3-linux.html

Although this page doesn't mention the --name argument to ec2-register, so who knows what that's for.

Cheers,
mwh