Re: URL location for SourcePackageRecipeBuilds

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Agreed. So my question should have been be narrowed down to, "Should
>> the url for a source package recipe build sit off the recipe:
>>
>> recipe_url/+builds/unique_build_identifier
>>
>> or off the PPA:
>>
>> ppa_url/+builds/unique_build_identifier"
>

> It should definitely be recipe_url/+builds/build_id so that it's consistent
> with source package build URLs.

So just to summarise the outcomes here:

Those of us working on the soyuz end will get started ASAP on:

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/536700 (the description of
which I've updated from this thread)

which will give all BuildFarmJobs a common table with all the
build-related data (see William's proposal linked in the description
there), enabling a PPA (or a Builder) to list a history of different
build types.

Each type of build will have their own URL. So binary package builds
(ie. current soyuz builds) will continue with their current urls:
ppa_url/+build/build_id for PPAs, or
sourcepackagerelease_url/+build/build_id for distro builds

Other types of builds (such as SPRecipe builds) will have a url in
their respective context. So for a SourcePackageRecipeBuild this would
be the SourcePackageRecipe url

Currently the code team is already implementing:
recipe_url/+builds

so it's quite natural for the individual SPRBuild url to sit somewhere
there too (wherever the code team decides).

-Michael