Pro tip: make sure you have the PPA version of python-support installed on Lucid

Hi all,

I've been setting up a fresh install on my laptop because it had 32-bit ubuntu and I wanted to switch to 64-bit.

One mysterious error I got was inability to import tickcount ("No module named tickcount"). Turns out this was because of my bad python-support version. Upgrading to 1.0.4ubuntu1launchpad2 fixed that. PPA packages should have launchpad in their version number, but you can check their origin with "apt-cache policy $FOO".

Also, Postgresql8.4 is reported to work, and in my initial testing, it does. It certainly gets me as far as launchpad-dev and filing a bug.

Aaron

Follow ups