Re: [tech] Help creating the Architectural Vision!

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> so, it's time for the Technical Architect team to tackle its first task.
> Create the Launchpad Architectural Vision.
>
> First of all, what is it? It's aimed to be documents that describe the
> different parts of Launchpad. It will explain how Launchpad works, which
> moving parts are involved, and how it will fit together. It will also
> explain the various sub-systems, and explain how to do various things in
> Launchpad code. For example, how do I send and receive e-mail? How do I
> add an html page? How do I write a script? Etc.

A summary of the moving parts and how they fit together is definitely something
that is missing currently, however, there is a lot of existing documentation
for the various sub-systems. Are we just trying to point the reader to that
documentation, trying to explain things more tersely, or planning to move
some of that existing documentation into the architect-vision directory? I
really think we should avoid duplicating documentation. If existing doc tests
are too verbose, we can break them into pieces.

-Edwin