Re: lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt very, very, very carefully tested

On 15 April 2010 11:50, Abel Deuring <abel.deuring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A failure during an ec2 test in lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
> gave me this summary in the report mail:
>
> Tests with failures:
>
> lib/canonical/launchpad/ftests/../../../lp/bugs/tests/bugs-emailinterface.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
>   lib/lp/bugs/tests/bugtarget-bugcount.txt
> Total: 25957 tests, 8 failures, 5 errors in 183 minutes 12.438 seconds.
>
> So, bugtarget-bugcount.txt is tested seven times; the failure count is
> also slightly too high...
>
> If I run "./bin/test -vvt bugtarget-bugcount.txt", the test is also
> executed more than once. Does anybody know what is going on here? Could
> this partially explain our quite long test times, assuming that other
> tests also also executed more than once?

I have no idea about the failure itself, but it's not surprising that
the test is run several times, since it tests several different
implementations of IBugTarget. You can see the setup code for the test
in lib/lp/bugs/tests/test_bugtarget.py.