Re: Site speed and Google search rankings

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2010/04/using-site-speed-in-web-search-ranking.html
>
> Has anyone looked at how this might affect Launchpad, which currently enjoys
> excellent search rankings, but may not be the fastest site around?

Thanks for the heads up. Maris and I spoke briefly about it yesterday.
The short answer is we don't know, but probably not much.

I'd rather we avoid doing any deeper analysis. The Launchpad
Foundations are already working on making Launchpad faster, and
couldn't do anything more if they discovered our rankings would be
seriously affected.

Note that improving performance is likely to be one of our big pushes
post-UDS. See https://dev.launchpad.net/RoadMap#The%20Road%20Ahead.

jml