Re: ec2 hangs - backtrace tool?

On 21/04/10 23:14, Jonathan Lange wrote:
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Max Bowsher<maxb@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 21/04/10 04:42, Tim Penhey wrote:

Hi people,

Today both mwhudson and I had hangs on ec2 where the windmill tests
appeared
to fail, and then the tests hung.  The log files didn't contain complete
stack
traces, and when we shelled into the instances their load was zero, and
using
mwhudson's python stack queryer it seems it was just waiting for
connections.

Where does this rather useful sounding tool live? :-)

It's a gdbinit config. I don't think there's a canonical place for it,
but this seems like a good place to start:
   http://wiki.python.org/moin/DebuggingWithGdb

Actually not, it's a thing I wrote to replace that which works with a release-build Python 2.5, using Python to drive the 'machine interface' of gdb.

Cheers,
mwh