Re: Method for views references

У чет, 22. 04 2010. у 05:15 +0300, Adi Roiban пише:
> Are there any guidelines for when to register and use a
> "menu:navigation" and when to just create the URL on the fly ?
>
> The file translations/templates/customlanguagecodes-index.pt contains
> both type of links and I don't know what are the considerations for
> using one type or another.
>
> -------
> You can <a tal:attributes="href context/menu:navigation/download/url">
> download a full tarball</a> with translations.
>
> If necessary, you may <a tal:attributes="href
> context/distribution_sourcepackage/fmt:url/+custom-language-codes"
> class="edit sprite"> define custom language codes</a>
> --------

Well, menu:navigation classes are there for subpages.  When they exist,
it's better to use them.  When they don't exist, we probably shouldn't
create them unless we really want them to be there as subpages (i.e.
we'd be fine if they would appear in a submenu on that page).

This is only my take on this, though.  Note that menu:navigation is now
mostly historical and in many (especially translations) pages it's used
only because we wanted to preserve the way to change link in one (or
two, but O(1) anyway) place only.

Cheers,
Danilo