Re: Hung test process

On 04/27/2010 09:10 AM, Max Bowsher wrote:
On 27/04/10 13:44, Gavin Panella wrote:
I have a hung test process on my local machine.

Command: bin/test -vvct 'check-?watch|bug-?watch|bug-?track'
Michael Hudson Trace: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/423333/

Judging by the presence of spawn_layer_in_subprocess and the general
appearance of the stacks to be that of waiting on stdio, I'd suggest
that this process is just waiting for communications from the subprocess?

GDB Trace: http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/423334/

Only for the main thread - remember to do 'thread apply all backtrace'
(or 'thr a a bt').

In gdb, pystack and pystackv never completed (they hung too).

I've never got these to work, either. I'd be interested to know if they
ever work.

Max.

Thank you for the tips. I've added info about threaded backtraces and macro hangs to https://dev.launchpad.net/Debugging/GDB

Are the raw GDB backtraces of any value for this? Michael's tool produces far more readable output.

Maris