Want feedback on LaunchpadSharp

Hi everyone,

For the last few days I have been working on creating Mono/.NET client wrappers on Launchpad API.

I love Python but my day job involves a lot of C# coding, so I thought it would be good to have multiple client wrapper for this API so that the potential of Launchpad can be exploited to the maximum. I know many people can be skeptical of Mono, but as a programmer I wanted even Mono developers of Windows developers on C#.NET to start using Launchpad or even better host their Open Source Projects on this platform.

Let me explain Aurthur about the project:

=wadlsharp=
Launchpad provides a WADL file describing the API for the web-service. I wrote a WADL->C# converter called wadlsharp[1] . Actually with minor modifications it can even create VB code but that is not the current target. wadlsharp is just a library and I am yet to write it's documentation. I created wadlsharp just to create the C# client code so that customizing the generated C# code can as easy as possible. I have released v0.1 of wadlsharp. Get the code from bzr[2] or download the tarball[3]

=LpSharp=
Using the generated C# code, I have completed implementation of OAuth specific to LP. For all the HTTP methods supported in Launchpad - GET, POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE, I have implemented GET as of now. The project is still under development, but I wanted to send a mail to inform everyone that such an effort is underway and they can send their comments using which I can prevent serious design mistakes or even accept patches for this project. The name of this project is Launchpad#[4]

I have already take the permission for using the word Launchpad which is a trademark of Canonical.

I would humbly request everyone to look at the source code and send their valuable feedback so that I can make it better. Both the projects are licensed under MIT / X11 / Expat license

[1] https://launchpad.net/wadlsharp
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~manishsinha/wadlsharp/trunk
[3] http://launchpad.net/wadlsharp/trunk/release-v0.1/+download/LpNet.WadlSharp.Common.tar
[4] https://launchpad.net/lpsharp/

CCing all the Canonical devs with whom I have talked earlier when I was about to start working on LpSharp (Launchpad#)

--
Manish Sinha
http://launchpad.net/~manishsinha

Follow ups