Re: Connections left open after switching to read only mode

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Guilherme Salgado <salgado@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My changes for the read-only switch, though, introduced a way of
> changing config values at runtime, thus exposing the problem.

Is there any particular reason we are reconnecting Stores to different
databases rather than just having a seperate romode Store?

ie. The signal handler would set a flag. At the start and end of a
request, if the flag is set we disconnect the rw stores. At the start
of a request, if the flag is set we install a romode IDatabasePolicy
that only returns the romode store instead of the normal
LaunchpadDatabasePolicy.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/