Re: API issue moving branches

On Thu, 20 May 2010 10:13:13 -0400, Leonard Richardson <leonard.richardson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know what launchpadlib setup you used to get your "13 seconds"
> number, but it was either a new setup or an old setup. Let's say it was
> a new setup. You made two HTTP requests and it took 13 seconds (due to
> latency, that's longer than it took me to make the same two requests).

I think you may be going a little far in assuming that he would have
been making 2 http requests in a "new" setup. That requires using a
shared cache, which is unacceptable to some applications without writing
their own cache implementation right now. (The alternative is fixing the
bug in httplib2 or lazr.restfulclient and waiting for it to be widely
deployed.)

Thanks,

James