Re: [db queries] some query observations during oops analysis

On 2010-06-04 12:27, Tim Penhey wrote:

  * The queries to get the branch details using the primary key took averaged
just under 500ms each (WTF?)
> - a more detailed check shows most in the 3-11ms range, but two outliers:
> 2294ms and 639ms these two blowing the average somewhat.

I hadn't noticed the aggregation of identical queries under "long queries" before. Reporting an average there seems misleading: the average hides a real problem in what looks like a long-but-still-acceptable query time.

It's a good thing you looked further and discovered that the number was misleading. I don't think the "long queries" listing should aggregate identical queries. We have the "repeated queries" listing for that.

Jeroen