Re: Python 2.6 time: make clean && make

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 20:25 -0400, Gary Poster wrote:
> Thanks to salgado, maxb, and wgrant, we are on our way to Python 2.6 for this cycle.
>
> Salgado landed a branch that makes launchpad use the local Python.  On Lucid, that's 2.6.
>
> I suggest you make clean && make for devel and other old branches that you need to upgrade.

Julian and Michael N. had problems getting the LP to run after updating
their trunks.

For Julian it seemed like rocketfuel-get didn't get the latest revision
of pygettextpo (even though it should, as sourcedeps.conf specifies the
correct version).

Michael, on the other hand, got http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/447101/, and
we found it was because eggs/z3c.pt-1.0b16-py2.6.egg was seemingly
busted (it had only a namespaces.pyc file under z3c/pt/). This one was
solved by removing that egg completely and re-running 'make'.  I've no
idea how it happened, though.

--
Guilherme Salgado <https://launchpad.net/~salgado>