[tech] ACLs: performance tests acceptable - moving on to implementing ACLs for bugs

To summarize the work on ACL so far, the performance tests that I did
were acceptable, and the plan is to now take the proof-of-concept
implementation and actually implement ACLs for bugs. We're still waiting
on UI mock-ups.

First, a few notes on performance. It's very important that the
performance doesn't get degraded severely when we use ACLs. I've tried
test the performance as good as I can locally, by creating a lot of
bugs. My tests showed that we need to keep the 'private' attribue to
keep the common case (public object) fast, and that using ACLs instead
of BugSubscriptions was a bit slower. I do think we can get it equally
fast on real data, though. My tests were a bit flawed, since I couldn't
of course replicate real data and hardware. I've put up some notes on
https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/BetterPrivacy/ImplementationNotes. That's
the notes from the pre-imp discussions we had, and it also contains
notes about the performance tests I did.

The next step is to use an ACL table to track bug privacy, instead of
using the BugSubscription table. Abel will be helping me to get some
knowledge transfered to the Bugs team. It will be done in small and
careful steps, and no functionality will change. It's done so that we
get something into the codebase, and so that it gets easier to do
performance testing no real data. You can find out more about the
implementation plans at
https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/BetterPrivacy/ACLImplementationForBugs.

--
Björn Tillenius | https://launchpad.net/~bjornt