Re: Can we generate the apidoc directory at build time?

On 06/22/2010 12:33 PM, Aaron Bentley wrote:

On 06/22/2010 12:18 PM, Maris Fogels wrote:
Hi Leonard,

lib/canonical/launchpad/apidoc keeps giving me merge conflicts when I
use rocketfuel-get to update it.  These are caused by the many
accidental deletions and re-additions of this directory.  It is really
annoying.

It's weird that people are accidentally deleting directories, but it's
really disturbing that people are accidentally adding directories.  How
is this happening?

Aaron

My wording could have been clearer - they are not so much "accidental additions" as "the re-addition causes a conflict".

From what I can tell someone deletes the directory; I pull the change; The directory gets removed from source control, but remains on disk; Someone fixes it; I pull the re-addition; bzr renames 'apidoc' to apidoc.moved', and gets a conflict (especially if this is the second or third time conflicts have happened: apidoc.moved already exists! Aaauuggghh! apidoc.moved.moved exists too!)

Maris