Re: status of search performance - why do we use | not & ?

On 24 July 2010 09:47, Bryce Harrington <bryce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sort of along these lines, when doing advanced search if you specify a
> set of tags to search on, by default it selects combinator 'Any', where
> as if it defaulted to 'All' it would return a smaller set.
>
> In addition, as a user that comes closer to my expectations of what the
> default behavior would be.

+10

Out of hundreds of searches I don't think I've ever wanted 'or', and a
fairly popular bug on lp suggests others feel the same.   To me the
obvious next step is to just match only the bugs containing words that
were actually requested.  If there's a typo or a slightly incorrect
search, just ignoring that term is of questionable benefit.

--
Martin