Re: APIs and len() of collections

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Robert Collins
<robert.collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess, to put this in strategist territory :P - you can have any two
> of : fast, correct, cheap(dev); right now we have correct, cheap(dev),
> but the message I'm hearing from our users and stakeholders is 'fast,
> cheap(dev)' : you seem to be saying 'fast, correct' :- we're not
> positioned to do that yet.

I want users to be able to choose from:
  fast, cheap(dev)
  correct, cheap(dev)

And I'm happy for the first to be the default. Users who want fast &
correct can figure it out for themselves.

Of the options you list above, the first two sound as if they are
sacrificing cost of development for correctness and speed.

jml