Re: Try Launchpad's apidoc!

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Gary Poster <gary.poster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Salgado has gotten the Zope apidoc to work to show Launchpad's code.  I think you all might find it useful.  I often have found the Zope-only version helpful, and this new version is custom to our own codebade.
>
> People with access to devpad can just go to https://devpad.canonical.com/~gary to give it a whirl.

Very cool, thanks for doing this Gary & Salgado.

> - Click on the book link on the top left.  On the bottom left, look for the Launchpad section of the docs.  It has a few ReST docs that I knew were actual documentation.  It's easy to expose doctests like this, and I hope to eventually expose other docs, like the stuff from lazr.restful; if you want to add some docs here, let me know and I'll describe how to do it.  It's pretty easy.

I can't help but notice that there's some stuff there that's not
relevant to Launchpad dev, ZODB for example. Is it possible to hide
that?

FWIW, the images and stylesheet on the public website point to
apidoc.launchpad.dev:
  https://apidoc.launchpad.dev/@@/apidoc.css
  https://apidoc.launchpad.dev/@@/utilities.js

> - Click on the code browser link on the top left.  Click on the "browse source code" in the link on the bottom left frame, or type in a name and click "Find".  Start browsing around.  You'll see everything is interlinked as you browse.

Very neat.

If I wanted to make this understand epytext, where would I start?

jml