Re: Python rebuilds (was: Archive deletion strategy)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:00:40 -0400, Barry Warsaw <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yep.  I think PPAs are *usually* used to provide packages to users.  In my
> case, I'm using them primarily as a kind of test build farm of a subset of the
> archive.  This has other problems though (e.g. overwhelming the build
> machines) so while it's convenient, it might not be exactly the right (or
> typical) use of the resources, even though you and Julian keep insisting it's
> okay :).

Julian was saying the other day that he doesn't think it is the correct
strategy, and that you should be using a COPY archive to do these
tests. Perhaps you should discuss it with him again and consider
switching if that would make more sense.

Thanks,

James