Re: tuesday - performance day!

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 11:02:03 Robert Collins wrote:
> So what apparently happens here (this is where Tim helped out :)) is
> that lazr.restful is introspecting *every declared attribute*; so we
> have 'allmembers' which is a person property that does a (fairly
> cheap) query, and then that cheap query is expanded item by item,
> property-by-property. (Oh, and hint for finding the right method -
> grep for 'exported_as.*URL_SUFFIX' - e.g. exported_as.*participation -
> in the interfaces files.

The lesson is, don't hide complicated queries behind @property!  I've
converted some of IArchive's properties to methods before to stop them getting
queried when the webservice introspects the attributes.

I'm intrigued as to this apparent recursiveness you describe though?  Or am I
misunderstanding?