Re: Foundations quarterly update

On Aug 3, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:

> Hi Gary,
>
>> App server machines are going into swap every week or two now. We closed a
>> memory leak, but there's at least another slow one we know about. We will
>> probably need to tackle this again soon.
>
> Is there a bug filed for this memory leak?

There was not.  I filed one.  It's just a marker (which is why I hadn't filed one before).

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/launchpad-foundations/+bug/613024

I updated the incident log with links to the bug for the most recent incidents.

> Can we get a Meliae dump the next
> time this happen.

The last one we have is from spm on 7/16, per the incident log.  Getting another one soon would probably be reasonable because, yeah, things suddenly look significantly worse since 7/26.

> I don't think this is caused by the zope.component NotFound
> "leak". It happen way too often now to be that slow leak.

I agree.

> I suspect we have a
> new view with a problem.

Maybe so.  If it were obvious that would be super cool. :-)

Gary