Re: The State of the Soyuz

As I'm now a destroyer^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hhappy user of Soyuz, it's great to
see how much work you guys are putting into taking an already incredibly
useful system to the next level.

On Aug 03, 2010, at 06:43 PM, Julian Edwards wrote:

>Derived Distributions
>=====================
>
>We've been working on the LEP
>(https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/DerivativeDistributions) for this for a
>while now and recently completed the requirements specification at the
>sprint in Prague.  A couple of things are ongoing:

I immediate began thinking about how I could pervert this system to my own
nefarious purposes.  Something like Py27Buntu might fit nicely into this
scheme.  It might be overkill though because such a thing would only have a
handful of packages that are modified from the parent, and about 700 or so
that would need to be rebuilt.  OTOH, it would be nice to have a more
efficient way of specifying the differences, triggering rebuilds, etc.

-Barry