Re: Archive deletion strategy - nulling upload_archive

On 05/08/10 11:33, Julian Edwards wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 August 2010 21:16:33 James Westby wrote:
>> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 11:08:03 +0100, Julian Edwards wrote:
>>    # SPPH -> Archive and SPR <- DELETE
>>    #    SPR -> Archive <- DELETE IF ONLY REFERENCED BY SPPH AND
>>    #                       BUILD ATTACHED TO THIS ARCHIVE. what
>>    #                       about packageuploadsource?
>
> That's upload_archive, and this is one of the awkward FKs.  We use it to work
> out if a package was copied by comparing that field to the SPPH.archive.  If
> the original upload archive disappears we should probably NULL this column and
> fix the code so that it copes with that.

OOI, what's the UI going to look here?

For example +sourcepub/id/+listing-archive-extra

=====================================
Publishing details
*Published* on yyyy-mm-dd
*Copied from* an archive which has been deleted
Changelog

  foo (1.0-1) lucid; urgency=low

The loss of information for copied packages troubles me a bit, but I can
see there's no nice answer here - people will hate it if copied builds
block PPA deletion.

Max.