Re: [Branch ~launchpad-pqm/launchpad/devel] Rev 11294: [r=edwin-grubbs][ui=none][bug=613429] Don't show the new project

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Brad Crittenden <bac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Aug 5, 2010, at 10:23 , Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
>
>> Hi Brad,
>>
>> We should be using featureflags for this now. We want to get rid of the
>> is_lpnet, is_edge configuration variables in preparation for having only one
>> deployment.
>
> Francis I am not aware that feature flags are ready for use now.  Looking at the LEP seems to indicate they are not:
>
> https://dev.launchpad.net/LEP/FeatureFlags
>
> The feature that I am protecting here will almost certainly go live before feature flags are ready to use.
>
> Is there something I'm missing?
>
> --Brad

This branch uses is_lpnet since it will only be displayed on edge. Is
it really worth delaying it being visible on edge for a week just to
use feature flags? Feature flags are dependent on db changes, so any
change dependent on feature flags can't get onto edge until the
rollout.

-Edwin