Re: DB patch numbering

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Brad Crittenden <bac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Stuart,
>
> Last week Jono did a db review for me as you were not around.  The patch
> was approved but I took the next available number, patch-2207-81-0.sql.
>
> Please note it and let me know if there is a conflict.
>
> https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~bac/launchpad/db-bug-613442/+merge/31955
>
> --Brad

Hi Brad; since the epic - and Stuarts update last week about DB
process - please have either Stuart or I review DB patches - we want
to stop distracting Jono with code :)

https://dev.launchpad.net/PolicyAndProcess/DatabaseSchemaChangesProcess

If I had seen that patch I would have raised a few questions with you:
 - is it possible to use NULL rather than an explicit value (will make
the patch apply _much_ faster)
 - are we going to grow more additional identical columns - should we
perhaps have the usage in a separate table? This is particularly
relevant if most lookups won't look for the official usage (if most
will, then putting it with the main table is sensible).

-Rob